What is Acoustic Band 101?
Acoustic Band 101 is an exciting and fun adult band program that takes students through the experience of rehearsing and playing in a real band including performing at their own concert.
Acoustic Music is music that solely or primarily uses instruments that produce sound through acoustic means aside from microphones, as opposed to electric or electronic means. It is often also called “Unplugged Music” although some instruments may still be amplified.
Each student is coached every week by one of our experienced instructors – who are themselves performing musicians.
Acoustic Genres could be Blues, Jazz, Folk, Bluegrass, Country or Hawaiian for example.
The bands learn a number of cover songs within a theme which changes with each session. The students and the instructors work together to choose songs from the current theme.
Why do we recommend private lessons to be in Acoustic Band 101?
The Acoustic Band 101 program was developed because we noticed that students progressed much faster on their chosen instrument when they also were preparing for rehearsals and a live performance.
The combination of the private instruction and the group experience has a way of accelerating students’ learning and increases their retention of the music they are working on in a fun and creative way.
The private lessons and Acoustic Band 101 work synergistically. In the private lessons, students learn the details of their specific part of each song. Then, in the band rehearsals, the students learn how to play their part within their band by playing in time, in tune, memorizing the song’s arrangement, dynamics, overall sound and performance skills.
Private 30-minute lessons are $184 per month.
Click here to REGISTER for lessons.
What Instruments do you accept?
We accept all instruments including band and orchestral such as, but not limited to, Voice, Acoustic Guitar and Bass, Upright Bass, Ukulele, Mandolin, Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Trombone, Tuba, Trumpet, Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Harmonica, Drums, Cajon, Percussions.
If you don’t find your instrument, please ask us.
Information about Acoustic Band – Summer 2019
Registration is now open for the next session – Summer 2019
Online line registration will be available soon. Contact Napa School of Music for additional registration information.
- The session starts the week of May 13, 2019
- Rehearsals are 90minutes, once a week for 12 weeks
- Sunday, August 11 at 6:30 pm and Wednesday,August 21 at 7:00pm – will take place at Blue Note Napa
- Full tuition for the Summer session of Acoustic Band is $660
- 10% discount for paying in full at the start of the session
- Discount price for paying in full for one student is $594
- 15% discount for 2 or more immediate family members (only one discount applies)
- Discount price for 2 students is $1,122
- You may also pay in 4 payments of $165 for one student or 4 payments of $280 for 2 students
- PLEASE NOTE: Tuition is non-refundable once you are confirmed in band.