What is Garage Band 101?
Garage Band 101 is an exciting and fun pop/rock/contemporary band program that takes students through the experience of rehearsing and playing in a real band including performing at their own concert.
Each student is placed in a group of their peers and coached every week by one of our experienced instructors – who are themselves performing musicians.
The bands learn a number of cover songs within a theme which changes with each session. For example, in previous sessions we have covered songs from The Beatles, AC/DC & Led Zeppelin, 1980’s, The Rolling Stones/Pink Floyd/The Who, Rocks Greatest Hits, The New Millennium, Summer Rock, California Rock and many more.
The students and the instructors work together to pick out songs from the current theme that they like.
Why does my student need private lessons to be in Garage Band 101?
The Garage Band 101 program was developed by Peter Sykes, the previous Director of the school, who noticed that students progressed much faster on their chosen instrument when they also were preparing for rehearsals and a live performance.
The combination of the private instruction and the group experience has a way of accelerating students’ learning and increases their retention of the music they are working on in a fun and creative way.
The private lessons and GB101 work synergistically. In the private lessons students learn the details of their specific part of each song. Then in the band rehearsals the students learn how to play their part within their band, by playing in time, in tune, memorizing the song’s arrangement, dynamics, overall sound and performance skills.
Private 30-minute lessons are $184 per month.
Click here to REGISTER for lessons.
What Instruments do you accept?
We accept all instruments including band and orchestral such as, but not limited to, violin, viola, cello, trombone, tuba, trumpet and saxophone as well as the usual pop and rock band instruments such as bass, drums, guitar, keyboards and vocals.
Kids GB101 -Summer 2019 Information
Registration Open! Kids GB101 Summer 2019 starts week of May 20, 2019 (click here to register for GB)
- The session starts the week of May 20, 2019
- Rehearsals are 90 minutes, once a week for 12 weeks
- Sunday, August 18 6:00pm– will take place at Blue Note Napa
- Thursday, August 8 2:30-4:30pm Napa County Fair Kids Day
- Summer Free For All
- Full tuition for the Summer session of Kids GarageBand 101 is $660.
- 10% discount for paying in full at the start of the session.
- Discount price for paying in full for one student is $594.
- 15% discount for 2 or more immediate family members (only one discount applies).
- Discount price for 2 students is $1,122.
- You may also pay in 4 payments of $165 for one student or 4 payments of $280 for 2 students.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tuition is non-refundable once you are confirmed in a band.
Adult GB101 – Summer 2019 Information
Registration Open! Adult GB101 Summer starts week of May 13, 2019 (click here to register for GB)
- The session starts the week of May 13, 2019
- Rehearsals are 90minutes, once a week for 12 weeks
- Sunday, August 11 at 6:30 pm and Wednesday,August 21 at 7:00pm – will take place at Blue Note Napa
- Musician’s Choice
- Full tuition for the Summer session of Adults GarageBand 101 is $660
- 10% discount for paying in full at the start of the session
- Discount price for paying in full for one student is $594
- 15% discount for 2 or more immediate family members (only one discount applies)
- Discount price for 2 students is $1,122
- You may also pay in 4 payments of $165 for one student or 4 payments of $280 for 2 students
- PLEASE NOTE: Tuition is non-refundable once you are confirmed in band.