Are you searching for a Christmas present for that hard-to-please relative? We understand how hard it can be to shop for everyone on your list. We want to make a suggestion–why not give your relative the gift of music for the holidays? Not only will it make them happy, but it will give you enjoyment for years to come. Here are some reasons why you might want to give the gift of music for the holidays.
Why Are Music Lessons So Important?
There are lots of reasons why music lessons are important.
- It prepares them to speak multiple languages. Research shows that students who take music classes are better able to learn the different sounds that are needed for languages.
- Students who take music lessons experienced increased academic achievement. SAT scores rise, as do high school grade point averages, reading comprehension scores, and an increase in math skills. Musical memory increases a student’s memory for retention of other subjects.
- Researchers have also found that music lessons actually increase a student’s IQ.
- Music lessons teach discipline and patience, which students can use to benefit many areas of their lives.
- People who take music lessons are better at hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. If you have a young child, these lessons can help them improve the fine motor skills they will need for school.
- Music lessons give people pride in what they can do. It may improve their social skills as well, and allow them to make friends with other musicians.
- Students can get exposed to all sorts of cultural music from many different countries around the world, which expands their worldview.
If you are thinking of giving someone the gift of music for Christmas, but you are not sure, why not give us a call? At Napa School of Music, we can help you decide what lessons would be ideal for anyone on your gift list.