Music Recording 101
NSM Recording 101 explores audio and recording production. Discussion of recording methods and
demonstrations of Pro Tools and/or hardware used in the production of music including creative and
innovative methods are the basis of this group class. Students will develop the knowledge and skills in all phases of studio and live performance operation.
The first half of the class will be reserved for discussing theories and techniques commonly practiced in
the audio recording industry. The second part of class will consist of hands-on pro tools, other practical
demonstrations and recording.
Over the course of the 12 weeks we will be recording a song from scratch. We will use a large format
mixer to record the sounds and will use Protools to record. All students will have the chance to be the
engineer or the recording musician. We will get into what it takes to record each instrument and the
techniques with which to do so. Once the song is recorded, each student will have the opportunity to mix
the song we record. Near the end of the course, each student will show the class their mix so we can all
Quizzes will be weekly and will be based on the vocabulary handouts which will be handed out every
week. Quizzes will consist of matching 4 vocabulary words to their definitions and one Pro Tools shortcut.
- 14-99 yrs.
- 90 minutes once a week for 12 weeks
- Thursdays 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Full tuition for the Winter Session of Music Recording 101 is $390.
- 10% (-$39.00) discount for paying in full at the start of the session.
- Discount price for paying in full is $351.00
- You may also pay in 3 payments of $130.00
- PLEASE NOTE: Tuition is non-refundable once you are confirmed.
Registration is now open for the next session – Winter 2019