About Music Together®
Music Together® is an internationally recognized early childhood music program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, first and second graders, and the adults who love them. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
About The Classes
The classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning. By emphasizing actual music experiences rather than concepts about music, Music Together® introduces children to the pleasures of making music instead of passively receiving it from CDs or TV.
Our Babies Class provides a one semester introduction to Music Together, after which we encourage participation in our Mixed Ages classes. By attending our Babies Classes, you will:
- Immerse your baby in a fun and safe musical learning environment
- Meet other new parents and caregivers as you interact together with your babies
- Learn from our highly trained Music Together® instructors, who will teach you how to help your baby grow musically, in class and at home
- Receive a professionally recorded CD and illustrated songbook so you can continue your music-making fun at home
- Receive a copy of “Babbling With Your Baby”, provided to all new families in Music Together at In Harmony Music
- Rest assured that we provide a welcoming environment where you can soothe a crying baby, nurse or bottle feed a hungry baby, or hold a sleeping baby in a comfortable and accepting setting
Central to the Music Together® approach is that young children learn best from the powerful role model of parents/caregivers who are actively making music. The program brings families together by providing a rich musical environment in the classroom and by facilitating family participation in spontaneous musical activity at home within the context of daily life.
Music Together’s® Commitment
Music Together® is committed to helping families, caregivers, and early childhood professionals rediscover the pleasure and educational value of informal music experiences. All our teachers have successfully completed Music Together®’s training program. Music Together® applies the latest research in early childhood music development to the program. A curriculum pioneer since 1987.
The Foundation of Music Together®
Music Together® was founded with the goal of providing the highest quality music and movement experiences to as many young children as possible, involving their parents, primary caregivers and early childhood professionals in the educational process. Music Together® is therefore dedicated to the thorough and professional support of Music Together® licensees and teachers and their work with children and families.
This support includes training, business mentoring, networking services, national and regional promotion, customer referrals, business technology, ongoing research and development, the production of audio, video and print materials, and the distribution of musical instruments and related products.
For more information please visit https://www.musictogether.com
NSM Music Together® Classes and Tuition:
- Classes are 45-minutes.
Virtual Classes Being Offered- with In Harmony Connection provided!
Please contact us (7070 252-4040 for information or visit https://www.inharmonymusic.net
Spring 2020 Session Dates:
Mondays: April 6th, 2020 – June 15th, 2020
Tuesdays: April 7th, 2020 – June 9th, 2020
Music & Baby &- 0-12 months
- Mondays at 12 noon
Mixed Ages – children 0 – 5 yrs
- Mondays at 10:00 AM
- Mondays at 11:00 AM
- Mondays at 4:00 PM
- Tuesdays at 5:00 PM
Rhythmn Kids Ages 4-7 yrs
- Tuesdays at 4:00 PM
10-week Session Tuition:
$295 or the first child *New Family Registrations entitled to discount, please ask!
$220 for the first sibling (when siblings are attending the same class)
Additional siblings attend for $195 (when siblings are attending the same class)
Tuition includes two CDs of songs, a beautifully illustrated songbook and activity suggestions for parents.
In the case of a sibling or anyone attending on a “drop-in” basis, the fee is $30 per class.
Make up Policy:
We prefer that Make-ups be used in the same session as the missed class. Make-ups can only be carried over to the next session if you are actively enrolled in that session. Make-ups cannot be used in sessions in which you are not enrolled.
- Make-ups should be done in the same class type as your regular class. If you miss a mixed-ages class, your make-up should also be a mixed-ages class. Consistency and repetition are important parts of the Music Together® philosophy.
- Please arrange your make-ups using the scheduler at www.inharmony.com . The make-up scheduler only shows classes that have space for additional families. We likely will not have room for you if you come to a class without a reserved spot.
- Sign up for a make-up class as soon as you know that you need it. Do not wait until the end of the session to schedule your make-up, as make-up spots go quickly.
Please call us at 252-4040 or register online at www.napaschoolofmusic.com to confirm your spot in these wonderful classes. Space is limited.