Ukulele 101 for Adults
Ukulele is a very fun introduction to playing a musical instrument. It is a very portable instrument that you can take just about anywhere you go! It is a great tool for performing, and songwriting on the go when inspiration strikes. The Ukulele is also a very great “first instrument”, physically it is not as demanding as other stringed instruments, and it is easy to get started so you can start playing the music you love in a short amount of time!
The group will meet once a week for 90 minutes. In this time students will learn proper ukulele technique and maintenance, finger and hand placement, strumming, fingerpicking, chords, melodies, and basic general music theory. The group will learn 1-4 songs per week to build a repertoire, as well as write songs. Students will also be asked to perform individually or as a group. Singing is welcome too.
Quizzes and Performances:
At the beginning of each class, students will be quizzed on the materials presented during the previous class week. Students will perform at least 3 songs for the class individually or with another student during the course of the 8 weeks. They will also be asked to write a song (or songs) individually or in small groups to perform in front of the class.
- 18-99 yrs.
- January 31-March 21, 2019
- 8 weeks
- Group Class
- 6 – max. 10 students
- 90 minutes once a week for 12 weeks
- Thursdays 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Receive a 10% off voucher with your registration for the purchase of a Ukulele at Napa Music Supply
- Full tuition for the Winter Session Ukulele 101 is $290.00
- 10% (-$29.00) discount for paying in full at the start of the session.
- Discount price for paying in full is $261.00
- You may also pay in 2 payments of $130.50
- PLEASE NOTE: Tuition is non-refundable once you are confirmed.
Registration is now open for the next session – Winter 2019