Virtual Private Music Lessons
Spreading the Joy of Music!
We Teach All Styles, Beginners and Adults Welcome!
We Teach All Styles and All Skill Levels for ALL Ages!
- 15 Years’ providing excellent service and spreading the joy of music
Fixed weekly lesson time with the same instructor in your home at a time that suits you
- Phenomenal 1-on-1 Lessons with real live experienced music instructors
- All music teachers are background checked according to federal laws for working with children
- Our online private lessons are customized to the needs and goals of the student
- Online Lessons follow the “Napa School of Music Mastery System” (see Information)
- We are using state to the art tools and resources leading students to archive their goals
- When taking your lesson, you have the ability to record your lesson to assist with your practice.
- We will be sharing digital documents with lesson notes and links to other resources that the student can use between live lessons.
- Our excellent Customer Service is taking care by responding to technical, scheduling, or music related questions in a timely manner.
- Recommend age levels are 8+. For ages 4-7, we strongly recommend having a parent or guardian alongside taking part of the lesson.
- In addition to our monthly tuition plans we, offer a pay-as-you go option where you can book the lessons you need.
|30-min Virtual Webcam lesson||$166/ Mon||1 hr Virtual Webcam lesson||$322/ Mon||$55 Annual Registration fee due at enrollment|
|One-off/pay-as- you-go||$45/ 30-min Virtual Lesson||$90/ 1 hr Virtual Lessons||Registration fee waived|
What to Expect- 4 steps:
1. We’ll contact you to learn more about the student to find the best fit
We have everything a student needs with customized programs to make sure the student has the best online lesson experience possible.
2. Pair the student with an expert instructor
Teachers from the Lesson Studio are all required to have:
3. Reserve a lesson time
We’ll help you schedule your lessons with the best instructor at the most convenient time for you.
4. Before Your First Lesson
You will receive a personalized, secure link for your online lesson.
Set up your lesson space: quiet area, your instrument, music stand, tablet/computer/smartphone and be ready to learn!
Frequently Asked Questions
What lessons are offered online?
We offer lessons on guitar (electric, acoustic, steel and bass), ukulele, mandolin, drums, piano (keyboard), voice, violin, viola, cello, flute, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, low brass, music recording, and music theory/composition/
How can I get started with online lessons?
Start by visiting our website https://napaschoolofmusic.com/
Do I need to create a Zoom or Skype account?
You don’t need a Zoom account to get started with our online lessons. Skype does require you to have the App or download it onto your laptop.
Do I need to download anything?
No download is required with Zoom to get started with online lessons, unless you are using a mobile device, in which case you will need to download the Zoom app. Skype you will need to download the software/app.
What kind of equipment do I need to take an online lesson?
You will need a computer or mobile device with a microphone, camera and stable internet connection.
Do I need an instrument to take online lessons?
Yes, you will need to have an instrument. You can arrange to pick up a rental instrument from our school location. Our first month of rental is free and thereafter $25/month for acoustic guitar, ukulele, and keyboard; $35/month for electric bass and guitar plus amplifier and patch cord. Protective cases provided as well. Please contact our customer service team at (707) 252-4040 to speak with an associate that can assist you.
Do I need anything else to take an online lesson?
We recommend having materials, such as a pencil, sheet music (pdfs can be emailed to you to print out) and metronome ready, if you have them. Prepare your room to be as well lit, quiet and distraction-free as possible. Adjust your webcam or mobile device so that your instrument is visible, with your speakers turned to a reasonable volume. We will also send you preset information based on your instrument or voice to insure the quality of the lesson is optimal.
I did not receive my Zoom link for my online lesson. What can I do?
All links should be in your email box by the morning of your lesson. If you did not receive it, email or call the Front Desk customer service associate and we will provide you with your lesson link. You may also contact your instructor at their work email as well: instructor first firstname.lastname@example.org.
I had technical problems with my lesson. Do I forfeit that lesson?
If there are technical problems on your side the instructor will automatically record a video lesson using our LessonMate software and you may log in at www.lessonmate.org, the username is the email you registered with and the password is the first name of the person who registered. You will be sent this information in your confirmation letter as well.